Fall Frenzy Contest Entry: Ever Green

In the spring, I wrote a story for the Spring Fling writing contest hosted by Kaitlyn Sanchez and Ciara O'Neal. It featured the maple tree and how it feels left out when all the other trees and flowers show off their colors. When the Fall Frenzy contest hosted by Kaitlyn Sanchez and Lydia Lukidis was announced, I looked through inspiration photos, and there was Maple in all its blazing glory, leaving Pine to be ignored. This was the inspiration for my contest entry. Enjoy!

Ever Green

by Larissa Elliott 

65 words

 

 
Air turns cooler.
The first leaf turns.
Pine looks on.
 
A rainbow of apples.
Pumpkins of every color.
But Pine is ever green.
 
Oak glows yellow.
Maple blazes in glory.
Pine remains unchanged.
 
Leaves shower down.
Piles become a playground.
Pine’s boughs sag.
 
Brown leaves crunch.
Maple shivers bare.
Pine holds on.
 
Flakes float from the sky.
Squirrel nestles in.
Pine stands tall,
forever 
and ever 

green.

Comments

  1. This story says so much with so few words. I love the cyclical feel of it and the way it's sparks my imagination. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. A wonderful description of fall. It makes really notice the trees right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful and soothing. Oh gosh, I want to see some pine trees right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much emotion in so few words! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, this makes me want to go for a walk in the woods!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Piles become a playground" I Loved That so much! This was lovely and fun to read aloud.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cool that you carried on the story from the last contest! Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a perfect description of Fall and the change in seasons from the perspective of an "ever green." (I see what you did there!) Your imagery is amazing. I especially love the wordplay with "rainbow" and all the autumnal colors. "Maple shivers bare" gave me shivers! In a good way. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  9. Forever and ever green is such a beautiful sentiment to end on. Thanks so much for sharing your poem with us for the fall writing frenzy! Sincerely, Kaitlyn Sanchez

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Popular posts from this blog

Spring Fling Contest Entry: Maple Waits

#PBCritiqueFest Changed My Life